Top | Baking
My yogurt biscuit for mixer
(recipe, Christine LeBlanc Bennett)
This recipe is adapted for a KitchenAid Mixer.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. golden sugar
- 4½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 6 to 8 Tbsp. cold, unsalted butter, cut into 8 to 10 pieces
- 1¼ cups plain yogurt or buttermilk
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixer bowl, and set to stir using bread hook. Add small chunks of butter and continue to stir until crumbly. Add yogurt and stir just enough to make a mixture - DO NOT OVER MIX or your biscuits will be like hockey pucks!
- Pour mixture onto floured surface and knead a couple of times - just enough so that it is not too sticky anymore, and flatten to about 1.5 inches thick. Cut out with a cookie cutter or cup and set each biscuit on a baking sheet or stone (I like the stone better). OR, put an ice cream scoop size ball into muffin tins (I use the silicone ones)to make muffin shaped biscuits.
- Bake in a preheated convection oven at 350-375 for 10-15 minutes.