Top | Pasta
Three-Cheese Spinach Roll-Ups
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 8 fluted lasagna noodles
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 red pepper seeded/chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 packages frozen ch spinach, cooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 375. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Cool in a large bowl of cold water, set aside.
- Saute onion and red pepper with 3 tbsp butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine spinach, onions, red pepper, 1-½ c shredded mozzarella, ricotta, ½ c parmesan and egg, set aside.
- Melt ¼ c butter in saucepan; stir in flour.
- Add pepper and salt. Stir in milk and cream and remaining parmesan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir until thick.
- Remove noodles from water; pat dry with paper towels. Spread about ½ c spinach mixture over each noodle. Roll up jelly roll fashion starting at short end.
- Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of buttered 2-qt rectangular baking dish.
- Place rolls in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over roll ups. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.