Top | Desserts
Homemade Pie Crust
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp. cold water*
- COMBINE flour and salt in medium bowl; cut in vegetable shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with water; blend until mixture holds together.
- SHAPE dough into ball; place on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to ⅛-inch thickness. Line pie plate with pastry. Turn edge under; crimp as desired.
- NOTE: To make two crusts, double all ingredients, follow procedure above, and divide dough in half.
- *Add 1 additional tablespoon water as needed.