Top | Desserts
Dark Chocolate Fondue
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 28 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt chips and margarine with Eagle Brand and water. Cook and stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla.
- Serve warm as a fruit and cookie/cracker dipping sauce or drizzle over ice cream or cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Prepare an elegant fondue tray. Cut up a variety of fresh fruits (strawberries, bananas, pineapple, apples, grapes or other favorites). Use small decorative toothpicks to easily pick up individual fruits and dip into chocolate fondue. Be sure to have dessert plates on hand!
- Fondue will thicken as it cools. If fondue becomes too thick for dipping, simply place into microwave safe bowl and heat for a few seconds till fondue is smooth and blended. Be careful, fondue will be hot when removed from microwave.