Top | Desserts
Chi Chi's Fried Ice Cream
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 6.0 in flour tortillas
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 oz. French vanilla ice cream (by weight)
- ¼ cup kellogg's cornflake crumbs
- canned whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 oz. honey
- Form 4 oz. of French vanilla into a ball.
- Roll the ball of ice cream in the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Roll in corn flake crumbs till coated.
- Place in the freezer to harden.
- Place the hardened ice cream ball in a fry basket and deep fry for 2 seconds at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- FOR THE SHERBET GLASS(the early years):.
- Put a dollop of whip cream in the bottom of the glass.
- Place the fried ice cream ball on top of the dollop.
- Drizzle a small amount of honey over the top of the ice cream ball.
- Place 8 whip cream rosettes around the ice cream ball and one on top.
- Top with a maraschino cherry.
- FOR THE TORTILLA (the later years):.
- Deep fry a tortilla flat until crispy.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Follow the instructions for the sherbet glass.