Top | Cookies
Melt-in-your-Mouth Shortbread Cookies
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 cup creamy butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add flour; reduce speed to low. Beat, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves side of bowl and forms a smooth, soft dough (2 to 5 minutes).
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 6x2-inch round log. Wrap each log in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°. Cut logs into ¼-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar mixture.