Top | Cookies
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened.)
- Roll dough ½ inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place ½ inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1½ minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.