Top | Crockpot
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 3 chicken breasts or tender
- 8 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 28 oz. crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1½ tsp. cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ lb. shrimp, cooked (optional)
- ¾ cup raw rice
- Brown meats in skillet with olive oil.
- Combine chicken, sausage, chopped bell pepper, and chopped onion in slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, and pepper; stir gently.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- About 30 to 45 minutes before eating, add cooked shrimp and rice, or serve over pasta.