Top | Chicken
Chicken Stuffed with Spinach & Cream Cheese
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 4 (4-oz.) fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 package (10-oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- Pound chicken as thin as possible with the flat end of a meat tenderizer. In a large bowl marinate chicken in wine and soy sauce (teriyaki sauce can be substituted) for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare spinach in a medium saucepan according to package directions; drain. Return spinach to saucepan and add cream cheese. Stir mixture over low heat until cream cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Spread cream cheese mixture on chicken, roll up, and secure with toothpick. Place chicken in ovenproof dish and pour reserved marinade over. Lightly sprinkle chicken with bread crumbs. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes to cook through. Serve over rice or pasta, as desired.