Top | Chicken
20-minute Chicken Parmesan
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. Using palm of hand flatten chicken to even thickness.
- Dip chicken into egg then into crumbs to coat.
- In skillet over medium heat, in hot margarine, brown chicken on both sides. Add sauce.
- Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley. Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until cheese melts.