Top | Breakfast
Cajun Fried Potatoes & Sausage
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
Spicy andouille sausage makes this dish authentic with Cajun flavor. However, any spicy sausage would be great in this hearty dish. Add a salad to complete this meal and maybe a fruit salad for dessert.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. corn oil
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp. seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl of cold water and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and replace water and allow to sit for an additional 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to skillet and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add potatoes, peppers, seasoning salt and pepper. Cover, lower heat to medium, and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook mixture until ingredients are tender, about 3 more minutes. Serve warm.