Top | Bakery
Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups Sifted flour
- ¾ cup Chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. Vegetable shortening
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour until well blended. Stir in macadamia nuts.
- Place dough on wax paper and shape into a roll two inches in diameter.
- Wrap in paper and foil and chill at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut roll into slices approx. ¼ to ½ inch thick. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl melt chocolate chips (microwave works well) and stir in shortening. Mix well. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens. Store in cool place.