Top | Appetizers
Baked Cranberry Almond Brie
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup creamy butter, softened
- 1 package (3-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) (4¼-inch) round Brie cheese
- 3 Tbsp. cranberry orange sauce*
- 3 Tbsp. chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. water
- Combine flour, butter and cream cheese in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves side of bowl and forms a dough (2 to 3 minutes). Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Heat oven to 400°. Roll each half of dough on lightly floured surface to ⅛-inch thickness. Cut 8-inch circle from each half (save dough scraps for decoration). Place 1 circle on ungreased baking sheet. Place Brie on center of pastry circle. Spread cranberry sauce over top of Brie cheese; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Top with remaining pastry circle. Pinch edges of pastry to seal. Flute edges as desired. Decorate top with small pastry cut-outs.
- Beat egg with water in small bowl; brush top and sides of pastry. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet immediately. Let stand 30 minutes to allow cheese to set.
- To serve, cut into small wedges. Serve with apple slices and crackers, if desired.
- *Substitute 3 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce.