Top | Basics
Blue Cheese Dressing
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
I've added low-fat yogurt to lighten up this creamy dressing; the ratio is one part each of sour cream, mayonnaise, and yogurt.
If you can find Rogue Creamery's Smokey Blue cheese, by all means use it; it adds a wonderful smoky, almost baconesque flavor to the dressing.
This dressing is delicious over crisp salad greens (Romaine or iceberg), ripe summer tomatoes, and grilled steak — preferably all served together on the same plate.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz. creamy blue cheese, such as Roquefort
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice or vinegar, and garlic until smooth.
- Crumble in blue cheese, breaking up the larger chunks into smaller pieces. (If you like a chunkier dressing, yielding more bites of blue cheese rather than an overall blue-cheese flavor, break the cheese into bigger pieces.)
- Season to taste with black pepper and drizzle over crisp salad greens, ripe sliced tomatoes, and freshly grilled steaks.