Top | Main Dishes
Low Carb Jambalaya
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 12 oz. andouille sausage sliced ½ in thick.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1⅓ cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 lg green pepper diced
- 1 can (14½ oz) dice tomatoes with liquid (you can get with chilies for more heat)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 cups shelled , deveined, med. shrimp
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot start browning sausage in olive oil.
- While browning sausage put cauliflower through food processer on shred.
- When sausage is lightly golden add onion, garlic, and green pepper.
- Saute veggies until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broth, thyme, and bring to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer for another 15 minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes or so just long enought to cook the shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper and tabasco to taste. Serve.