Top | Desserts
Low Carb Homemade Ice Cream
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 12 drops liquid splenda (or 20 teaspoons granulated)
- 3 level teaspoons vanilla extract (sugarless of course)
- 1 cup heavy cream / double cream
- 1 cup of water
- Place your egg yolks, splenda, vanilla and water into a blender and blend. It will mix pretty easily by hand too.
- In a separate bowl, whip up your cream until very thick.
- Now fold the yolk mixture into the cream. Be careful not to break the fluffiness of the cream when folding in the mixture. Done!
- Pour into a tub and throw it into your freezer. It will take 2-3 hours to freeze. If you didn’t maintain the fluffy texture when combining the cream and the yolk it is advisable to take it out after an hour or so and give it a little stir.
- 32 carbs total