Top | Breakfast
Broccoli Cheese Breakfast Casserole
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 12 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 Tbsp. milk or half and half
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli flowerets
- ¾ cup cheese (I used four cheese Mexican blend, which is a blend of low-fat cheeses)
- (Optional: serve with low fat sour cream.)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. Spray a glass 10 X 14 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Cut broccoli into flowerets about 1 inch across. Put broccoli into pot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils and broccoli turns bright green (less than 5 minutes) immediately drain broccoli into colander.
- While broccoli cools, break eggs into mixing bowl. Add milk or half and half, Spike seasoning, and black pepper and beat eggs until ingredients are well combined.
- Put drained broccoli into casserole dish. Sprinkle cheeses over broccoli. Pour eggs over broccoli-cheese, then use a fork to gently stir so that broccoli and cheeses are evenly distributed throughout the eggs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until top is slightly browned and eggs puff up slightly.