Top | Breakfast
Baked Eggs & Mushroom in Ham Cups
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
- 6 oz. fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced, ½ ounce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 6 thin slices ham (I used round "deli" thin packaged slices)
- 6 eggs
- Cook mushrooms and shallots in butter with salt and pepper until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Fit 1 slice of ham into each of 6 oiled (I used non-stick spray) muffin tin cups. It's ok for the ham to stick up and over edges (mine were a little too small), it will shrink down a bit.
- Divide mushroom mixture among the ham cups and spread gently into bottom. A finger works well for this. This will help hold the ham up when adding the egg.
- Crack one egg into each cup (they will be very full) and sprinkle top with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes until whites are cooked, but yolks are still a little runny. Check before the 15 minutes are up. My yolks were soft in some spots, but starting to get well done in others.
- Carefully remove from pan. I used a soup spoon to scoop them out, using a butter knife in my other hand to help push them onto the spoon.
- Per Cup: 130 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs