Top | Bakery
Low Carb Muffins
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
These versatile sugar-free and low-carb muffins can be the basis for many variations, including low carb blueberry or apricot muffins.
- 2 cups almond flour (almond meal)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- Sweetener to taste -- about ⅓ cup usually works well -- liquid preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a muffin tin. You can really do it with any size, but I'm basing the recipe on a 12-muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly (You don't want strings of egg white in there and you don't have to worry about "tunnels" when you are using almond meal).
- Put in muffin tins (about ½ to ⅔ full) and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Variations: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries for blueberry muffins. For apricot muffins, take a teaspoon of sugar-free apricot jam on each muffin and push it in slightly (it will sink more during baking).
- Nutritional Information: Each of 12 muffins has 1.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.