Top | Appetizers
(recipe, Deanna Dudney)
Impress your friends with this easy appetizer.
- ½ lb. sirloin
- 4 whole Portobello mushroom
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Clean mushrooms. Remove and save stems. Remove and discard gills. Brush mushroom caps on both sides with olive oil and ½-tsp. of the seasoning.
- Cut sirloin into strips ⅛" thick. Chop stems and stir fry with sirloin, jalapenos and onions until sirloin is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and add remaining seasoning and cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Spoon equal amounts into mushroom caps. Grill over medium hot coals for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Use a spoon to scrape gills from underside of mushrooms.
- You can substitute shoulder steak, top round steak or round tip steak for the sirloin.