Top | Chez Panisse Desserts
(recipe, Lindsey Shere)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp. dry Marsala
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Mix ¼ cup Marsala and the sugar in a small heavy saucepan or a zabaglione pan. Whisk in the egg yolks.
- Have a pan of simmering water ready and set the pan over it, whisking constantly. Whisk about 5 minutes, until the mixture has become very light and fluffy and there is no uncooked liquid at the bottom. It should hold a shape for a moment when you drop some from the whisk.
- Whisk over a bowl of ice to chill immediately.
- Whip the cream with the remaining Marsala and fold into the cooled zabaglione.
- Pour into a container and freeze in the freezer, not in an ice-cream maker. Let soften slightly before serving.