Top | Simmerin'
Sweet & Hot -Glazed Chicken & Onions
(recipe, rich boyett)
Sriracha-Glazed Chicken and Onions over Rice
from Cooking Light
Hot, sweet sauce coats the chicken and onions. Snow peas, broccoli, or edamame would be a colorful vegetable side.
- 1 (3½-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1¼ tsp. Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1½ Tbsp. canola oil
- 1½ cups presliced onion
- 1 Tbsp. bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. bottled minced garlic
- ¾ tsp. curry powder
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, combine hoisin, ketchup, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add ginger and remaining ingredients; sauté 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in hoisin mixture; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Serve over rice.