Top | Easily Over Fried Greens
Easliy Over Fried Greens
(recipe, Five Points Community Farm Market)
A saucy twist to fried green tomatoes.
- 1 green tomato
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 eggs (grass fed happy hen eggs)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Slice the tomato into 4 slices and coat with corn meal. Fry the tomato slices until golden brown and tender to the touch with a fork.
- Saute spinach for a minute or two.
- Cook the eggs over easy or sunny side up to your liking.
- Build the plates with spinach on the bottom, 2 slices of tomato and one egg to top it off.