Top | Winter Wonders
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
(recipe, Asta Schuette)
This is my very augmented version of a recipe I got off of www.thekitchen.com It was very easy, very delicious, and required little effort. Oh, and it wasn't very expensive either. Too good to be true? Try it yourself!(Serves 8 - 10)
- 3 to 4 lb. pork roast
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 dashes of white vinigar
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. whole or ground allspice (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Rub the pork roast all over with salt and pepper.
- Bruise the sage leaves.
- Mince or slice the garlic - anything quick - it doesn't need to be pretty.
- Put the roast, sage, garlic, and white wine in the slow cooker and cook for 10 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.