Top | The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
Creamy Chocolate Cookies
(recipe, Marion Cunningham)
This is the perfect chocolate cookie — creamy and moist with a brownielike texture. It is a batter rather than a dough cookie. The batter must chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before baking.
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate with the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over very low heat.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add the sugar, and continue beating until light and well blended.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and beat well. Add the flour mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overbake; these cookies are best if slightly underbaked. Remove to a rack to cool.