Top | My Very Own Recipes
Creggkers with Thousand Island and 'Sambal Bawang'
(recipe, rad sujanto)
It's a simple but very tasty 'snack' that I kind of 'invented' using limited ingredients. Perfect for breakfast and also late afternoon while chattering with family.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cracker (a big one measuring 15cm x 15cm)
- 2 spoons of Thousand Island
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 spoon of Sambal Bawang (chili mashed with garlic -details in Steps)
- Solid Cheese
- Scramble the eggs all together in a bowl with the salt
- Grater the cheese and mix it with the scrambled egg
- Mix it well
- Fry the mixed egg over a low heat until it gets quite dark (slightly a bit overcooked) on the bottom side. The point of doing that is because you're not going to turn over the egg so the upper side is slightly raw but not too raw.
- Put the fried egg on a big plate and serve it with the cracker beside it. Pour the Thousand Island either on the cracker or egg. Take the Sambal Bawang and pour it on the egg only and mix it with the Thousand Island.
- Voila! Done.
- The nicest experience is when you taste the semi raw egg with Thousand Island plus the Sambal Bawang.
- ps: Sambal Bawang is a mix of chili, garlic, salt, sugar, and vinegar. All mixed (roughly mashed -not smoothly). Very tasty!