Top | "Tea" licious recipes
Pumpkin Seed Basil Pesto with Organic Tea Seed Oil
(recipe, Quinn Losselyong)
- 2 cups fresh basil (packed in)
- ½ cup of italian flat leaf parsley (packed in)
- ½ cup of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup organic tea seed oil (approximately)
- ½ cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toast pumpkin seeds over medium/low heat until you hear them make a popping sound, let cool.
- Place pumpkin seeds and garlic in food processor and pulse until it is all evenly chopped up into tiny pieces.
- Add basil, parsley and ½ of the tea seed oil, pulse on and off
- Continue pulsing while adding remainder of tea seed oil through top food slot on the processor
- Amount of tea seed oil used depends on how you like your pesto. I like mine to be nice and smooth, so I tend to add more tea seed oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste and feel free to add parmesan if you fancy it
- * Remember to scrape down the sides of the processor so it all evenly chops up.
- * After I place the pesto in a glass canning jar I cover the top of the pesto with tea seed oil to help prevent it from turning brown. After each use I add a bit more oil to make sure its covered.