Top | Wild Rice Cooking
Wild Rice Dressing with Bacon
(recipe, Susan Carol Hauser)
This recipe comes from the kitchens of Indian Harvest in Bemidji, Minnesota.
- ½ lb. bacon slices, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ lb. (8 ounces) day-old bread, cubed
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups chicken bouillon, heated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. sage
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Remove pieces and drain drippings. Sauté onion and celery until tender in bacon drippings, then remove from pan.
- Combine bacon, onion, celery, bread, and wild rice. Toss lightly with remaining ingredients. Bake until golden brown, at least 30 minutes. Use as a stuffing in pork chops, squash, or poultry.