Top | KAB's recipes
Unbeatable Beet Salad
(recipe, Kathleen Bauer)
This salad is most impressive if made from different colors of beets. I used red, gold and Chioggia (red and white striped).
- 3 lb. beets, ideally different colors
- Olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh-ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place washed and dried beets on square of heavy-duty aluminum foil (three or four together if small, individually if large) and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roast for 45 min. to one hour till slightly tender. Unwrap and cool.
- Peel beets, then slice thinly by hand or in mandoline and arrange in rows on platter.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and serve.