Top | omg! recipies!
fall spinach salad
(recipe, caleb bo baleb)
I made this salad up with ingredients from our CSA this week.
- For the salad:
- 1 scallion
- 1 tomato
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- ½ or less seeded fresh jalapeno pepper
- For the dressing:
- 1 part walnut oil
- 1 part rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems and chop any spinach leaves bigger than two or three inches.
- Coarsely chop the tomato and add it to a salad bowl.
- Slice the scallion into fine discs and add these to the bowl.
- Mix the dressing in the bottom of the bowl. You don't need too much dressing, fresh tomatoes will lend juice and acidity.
- Add the spinach and croutons on top.
- Let the salad sit at about 15 minutes, then toss and serve.