Top | Anne Zimmerman
Heath Bar Cookies
(recipe, Anne Zimmerman)
Read more about Heath Bar cookies in "Movie food."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 3 bars) chopped Heath Bar candy pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and beat well. Add the dry ingredients and mix well, using your hands to incorporate all the flour. Mix in the Heath Bar pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Culinate editor's note: Be sure the Heath Bar pieces are chopped fairly small; large chunks can be painfully crunchy. Cookie lovers who prefer a higher chocolate-to-dough ratio may want to add a fourth candy bar, or 1/2 cup chocolate chips, to the mix.