Top | Beverages
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
After sampling VeeV Açaí Spirits straight, I began mulling ideas for cocktails, contemplating what to pair with it without masking its delicate flavor. Açaí, a fruit from Brazil, is the new black in antioxidants. I doubt there are any lingering health benefits of antioxidants + liquor, but here's a tasty cocktail to test the premise.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 10 oz. açaí juice (Bossa Nova brand can be found in the refrigerator section, next to the pomegranate juice)
- ¼ to ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 shots (½ cup) VeeV Açaí Spirits
- 1 lime, for garnish
- Combine raspberries, açaí juice, and ¼ cup agave nectar in a blender; purée until smooth. Strain juice into a large pitcher, pressing fruit through a sieve, making sure to spoon purée from the bottom side of the sieve into the pitcher. Discard seeds.
- Add lime juice to the pitcher of juice/purée and taste. If too tart, add additional agave nectar.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 cup of the prepared juice and 2 shots of VeeV. Shake, then strain into 2 martini glasses.
- To make additional cocktails, repeat. Garnish glasses with circles of lime.