Top | Fish and Seafood
Grilled Fish with Tomato-Olive Relish
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
The tangy relish — especially made with summer's ripest, juiciest tomatoes — makes a nice complement to rich-tasting, meaty fish.
- 2 lb. salmon, halibut, or albacore tuna
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅔ cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped marjoram, oregano, or basil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes and salt, to taste
- Prepare the grill. Season the fish fillets on each side with lemon juice and salt. Grill until cooked through and the meat begins to flake.
- Meanwhile, prepare the relish by combining all the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Serve by spooning about ⅓ cup relish over each cooked fillet.