Top | Ellen Jackson
Chicken Salad with Celery and Scallions
(recipe, Ellen Jackson)
Read more about cooking four meals from a single chicken in Ellen Jackson's "One chicken, four meals."
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded poached chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, washed, dried, and cut or torn into 1-inch pieces
- Whisk the mayonnaise with the yogurt, lemon juice and zest, chives, tarragon, salt, and ground pepper.
- Put the chicken, celery, and scallions in a bowl and toss together to combine.
- Add the dressing to the chicken and fold it in. Taste for seasoning and serve on a bed of salad greens or between 2 slices of bread.