Top | Anne Zimmerman
(recipe, Anne Zimmerman)
Read more in Anne Zimmerman's "Finding your own vinaigrette."
- 1 shallot, minced
- Pinch of salt, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1 scant teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of dried thyme (optional)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Place the minced shallot and pinch of salt in a small bowl and cover it with the sherry vinegar. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes (this neutralizes the oniony part of the shallot).
- Add the mustard and, if using, the thyme. Next , whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is the right texture. Taste and adjust, adding more vinegar or salt and pepper if needed. Dress greens and serve.