Top | Newsletter featured recipes
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- 1 lb. fresh tomatoes plus one or two extra tomatoes
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper (stems, ribs, seeds removed), finely diced
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. roasted cumin seed (optional)
- Remove stems from tomatoes and finely dice. Prepare the jalapeño by removing the stems, ribs and seeds. Be very careful while handling the hot pepper. Avoid touching the cut pepper with your fingers and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Taste. If too hot, chop up another tomato and add to bowl. Add cumin seed if desired.
- Let sit for an hour for the flavors to combine.