Top | West End Farmers Market Favorite Recipes
Marinated Zuchini and Summer Squash
(recipe, West End Farmers' Market)
Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash is a summer recipe featured on Everyday Italian Food Show with Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. zucchini (about 3 large), trimmed and sliced diagonally about ¼-inch thick
- 1 lb. yellow crookneck squash (about 3 large), trimmed and sliced diagonally about ¼-inch thick
- Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade into a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and marinate at room temperature at least 3 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables until they are crisp-tender and brown, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a platter. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and serve hot or at room temperature.