Top | Anne Zimmerman
Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins
(recipe, Anne Zimmerman)
Read more in Anne Zimmerman's related blog post, "Pining for sweets."
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen organic)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put liners in 12-cup muffin pan. Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until well combined. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries very gently.
- Divide batter among muffin cups; for larger muffins use only 9 of the 12 cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.