Top | The Jew and the Carrot
Summer Fig Salad
(recipe, Leah Koenig)
The sweet flesh of the figs in this salad counter the spicy punch of the arugula-and-radish tag team; everything is complemented by the creamy goat cheese.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red-wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup (start with less and add to taste)
- Fresh black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 bunches fresh arugula and/or watercress
- 6 fresh figs (dark purple and ripe), quartered
- 5 summer radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 Tbsp. creamy goat cheese
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Arrange the leafy greens on individual salad plates, then top with slices of the figs and radishes. Dollop bits of goat cheese over each salad, then drizzle a little dressing over each. Serve immediately.