Top | Co-op Farmers Market Recipes
Mexican Lime Cumin Slaw
(recipe, Co-op Farmers Market)
From Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates
- For the slaw:
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1½ cups grated carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped scallions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. finely grated lime peel
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place all of the vegetables in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing on the vegetables and toss thoroughly.