Top | Co-op Farmers Market Recipes
Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
(recipe, Co-op Farmers Market)
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- ¼ cup mascarpone or drained yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 large strawberries, rinsed and hulled, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped into a fine chiffonade
- Toast the slices of bread, then cut diagonally for four toast "points." (Alternatively, you can use a round cookie cutter and cut out toast rounds; cutting diagonally simply prevents waste)
- Mix together mascarpone and honey.
- Pipe or spread honey mascarpone mixture onto bread.
- Sprinkle with basil chiffonade.
- Top with strawberries and remaining basil.