Top | Co-op Farmers Market Recipes
(recipe, Co-op Farmers Market)
From Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites
- 1½ lb. kale
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes and their juice, or 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce, or ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the greens and remove any large stems.
- Stack the leaves and slice crosswise into ⅛ inch strips.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, cumin, garlic, Tabasco and salt in a saucepan, cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the greens, cover, and gently simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, until the greens are tender.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.