Top | Catherine Bennett Dunster
Italian Parsley Pesto
(recipe, Catherine Bennett Dunster)
Good on pasta, this is also an excellent crostini topper.
- 1 large bunch Italian parsley, stems discarded
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain parsley.
- Toast walnuts on a baking tray in a 400-degree oven for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant and browned.
- Place parsley, toasted walnuts, garlic, and Parmesan into bowl of food processor and pulse until well combined. Drizzle in olive oil and continue pulsing until the mixture has emulsified, then season with salt and pepper. Toss with cooked pasta.
Read up on other easy vegetarian recipes.