Top | Cookies, Brownies, and Bar Cookies
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
Everyone loves these cakey ginger cookies, although they're not as chewy and gooey as some.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth, then add eggs and molasses and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Stir them into the butter-egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Roll cookie dough into golf-ball-sized rounds. Place balls onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies have spread. Cool on wire racks.