Top | John Taboada
Shallots in Red Wine
(recipe, John Taboada)
- 2 Tbsp. currants
- 1½ cups red wine (burgundy or zinfandel)
- 1½ lb. shallots
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup stock
- ⅓ tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- Chopped parsley
- Soak the currants in the red wine. Peel the shallots.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan. Toss with the shallots and sauté until golden. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the currants, wine, stock, and lemon rind. Cook until the shallots are tender, 40 minutes to two hours.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve warm.